DIY 002 Valentine's Day

13.2.14



Valentine's Day DIYs

PRINTABLE VOUCHERS.| PRINTABLE CARDS.| PRINTABLE STRABERRY.| CUPCAKE TOPPERS.
WASHI TAPE CARDS.| SUCCULENTS.| DIY HEART-SHAPED CUPCAKE TOPPERS.| PRINTABLE TEA SET.

Now I know that I should be diametrically opposed to the empty consumer-driven Hallmark holiday that is Valentine's Day, but hard as I try, I just can't hate it. In fact, I sorta love it. Now, I am a firm believer that small acts of romantical kindness should really be performed whenever the impulse strikes, and not just because we feel compelled, nay, forced into caring for fear of disappointing our significant other on this day full of expectations. But in all honestly, under normal circumstances we all think about those would-be romantic weekends we plan in our heads or would-be cards we wanted to make but never actually get around to making. Valentine's Day, however, can be just the thing to kick us into gear and finally make things happen. I am also a firm believer that no day should alienate anyone either, but Valentine's day doesn't have to solely be a holiday for lovers. It's also just a great day to tell anyone you care about that you, you know, care. And with amazingly inventive and creative DIY projects popping up all around the blogosphere (my personal favorite 8 are listed above), Valentine's Day no longer has to be a consumer-driven holiday full of red cardboard boxes stuffed with cringeworthy mystery chocolate and white teddy bears hugging polyester heart-shaped pillows with phrases like "i love you" and "be mine" scrawled across in white cursive and can start to be just another great day to get creative and make shit. Really sappy and cute shit with lots of hearts.

p.s.do stop over at sugarandcharm and check out their budget-friendly romantic valentine's day date. Number one and five are my personal favs.


lg, Rae
instagram: lovefromberlin
add me on facebook
follow me on bloglovin

lovefromberlin All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger